Monday, February 14, 2011

Finally Done!


Well, I have finally finished the Kaysville painting. There are still some issues with it, perhaps, but it has been beaten to death sufficiently, and I need to move on. I added a lot more blue into the water, distant mountains, and sky, and I think it is harmonizing better.

The bottom piece is a plein-air piece of the Bronx River that I did a few weeks ago. The top half I painted quickly and then the sun went behind some clouds and I spent the rest of the time chasing it. After bringing it home I repainted the bottom half at least three times, and this is as much as I can do without more information. Sorry it's a bit blurry, if I can get a better photo of it in the next few days I'll replace it.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you like them! Hope you're all well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, both are beautiful but I absolutely love the top one! It was so nice to get to see you for a bit. It's true, you really are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful ...lovely blue on water n highlight on grass...great one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need to have more of your paintings in our gallery here in small Fruit Heights. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete