Saturday, January 9, 2010


This is a little sketch I did for Seeing the Everyday magazine (www.seeingtheeveryday.com). I finished it a few weeks ago, but have just posted this revised version from the initial pass I had up for awhile. The changes were minor but I think strengthened the piece. I was reminded again of just how vital good photo reference is to work from. This had to be highly stylized as a result of poor reference, and the results, while ok to go out the door, weren't as I would have hoped. Sure, blame it on the reference:)...

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you posting a bit on your blog. It is fun to see the pieces you're working on a feel like I'm "keeping up", even when we live 2000 miles apart. When you coming to Tucson to get out of the cold? Can't you get some more free flights? JetBlue may not be your best bet though - they haven't yet discovered the Tucson airport...

    ReplyDelete