Monday, June 15, 2009


This is a larger piece (18"x24" on linen panel) that just got shipped off to the Hollis Gallery in Pasadena (www.hollisfineart.com). The photo has a little glare, and the foreground shadow relationship to the distant cloud/mountaintop seems a bit drastic from the original, but other than that it's pretty true. The painting depicts the Utah mountains right above Farmington. I took some liberties with, well, a lot of things, but the essence is there. My last three large paintings have had a foreground shadow added to enhance focal point, so I'm going to have to start using some other tricks or else I'll get typecast!

1 comment:

  1. David!!! No idea how I ended up here. But at least I can say hi! It's been a long time since I left NY it feels like. Will you be at the wrap party next week? I'm flying in, so perhaps I'll see you guys! I'm planning on swinging by the studio while I'm out there, so I'll swing by your guys' space! Hope all is great with you!

    ReplyDelete